To narrow your search:
1. Add more keywords, such as:
a. composer/artist last name,
b. publisher name,
c. song title keywords,
d. instrument name (piano, vocal, choral, guitar, etc.)
e. format (sheet music, book, CD, DVD, SATB), etc.
2. Add excluded keywords: A hypen “-“ preceding a keyword will screen all occurrences of it from the results.
3. Use quotes to match a phrase: “blues guitar” will find occurrences of those words in a phrase. It will not match if there is an intervening word.
To broaden your search:
1. Remove keywords: including first names, or possibly format or any other keywords.
2. Use only the root of keywords: The keyword “teach” will match all occurrences of “teach” as well as “teacher,” “teaching,” and “teaches.”
3. Use the “OR” operator: A “|” character means OR, so “classical | acoustic” will display all results containing the keyword “classical” as well as those containing the keyword “acoustic”.
To find more items in the same category:
1. Click one step higher in the category tree, displayed above the product title. For example if the category tree were this:
Hal Leonard Publishing >
Guitar & Bass >
Guitar Methods > Hal Leonard Guitar Method Book 1 Book / CD Pack,
click “Guitar Methods” to see all items within that same category, by that same publisher.
(Keep in mind that different publishers have different category trees, so “Guitar Methods” in this case will only show those within the Hal Leonard category. Use the SearchTool to find other similar products by other publishers.)